Great news for all Galaxy J3 users! Samsung has recently rolled out the March security update with the build name number J320FXXU0AQC3 for the Galaxy J3 SM-J320F. The patch update comes to all J3 users in Europe through OTA. However, if you have not received the update yet, and you want to install the security patch on your handset, you can use Odin app to flash the update.
However, make sure you first meet some requirements so that your update will not fail and any important data are not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data of your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320F need to be backed up before the update.
- You’ll also need a computer and an original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung USB driver as it will help you connect your device to your PC easier. If not installed, first download the drivers from the official website of Samsung and install it on your computer.
- Then, enable USB Debugging Option by go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain 50% power left before proceeding.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the latest security patch for your Samsung Galaxy J3 and Odin v3.12.zip, here. Once done, extract both on the desktop of your PC.
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy J3 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ Button for a few seconds. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button when you see a warning message on your screen.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC and launch Odin.
- After the connection successful, the button-left corner of Odin will display a message.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” button and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option as well.
- Next, tick on the “Auto-reboot” option and then click on the “Start” button. The update process will take about 15-20 minutes. Wait until your Samsung Galaxy J3 to reboot.
Also read: How to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Rom on Samsung Galaxy Note II
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320F to its latest security update. In case of any issues, ping us back via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting Techigpsy.com .