Have you lost your iCloud email ID and password? Don’t worry as they could be restored. However, to do that, you need to make sure your Apple device is not lost and remember other credentials like the alternate email address and the password for creating an iCloud user ID.
In case you forget everything and lose grip of your device, you would certainly be in a certain difficult situation when you cannot use your Apple ID anymore.
Those who don’t know, iCloud is a cloud computing service for the Apple device users. It’s released with an aim of providing a popular syncing platform where users can log in all their Apple devices just with a single Apple ID for the synchronization.
Moreover, it comes with other such as data backup and storage, security and more. Specifically, since iOS 7, iCloud activation lock has been introduced to prevent the thieves. iCloud will block a device if that device has been marked as theft or stolen.
How To Find Lost Apple ID Password
Regaining a password isn’t too difficult if you remember the email that you used as an Apple ID. Answering the security questions is all you need, however since you are an iCloud creator, so you should remember some credentials of your account you had previously created.
- Go to this link to retrieve the password.
- You will see an email address box with ‘[email protected]’ at the middle page. From there, enter the exact address that you are using.
- There are options for ID verification showing up on the screen. You will now be asked a security question or notified an email to your cellphone, depending on the password retrieval method chosen earlier. The email and security question is the verification methods.
- After the verification is properly completed, you will be instructed to enter a new password retrieval.
Also read: How To Speed Up Your Old iPhone
How to Find Forgotten iCloud Email ID
To find a forgotten or lost Apple ID, you should follow these below steps:
- Head to the same link as we mentioned earlier.
- Don’t enter your email ID in the box, instead, click on the ‘Forgot Apple ID?’ button locating under the blank field.
- After clicking on that button, you will see a new screen with three fields, including: ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’ and ‘Email Address’. Fill them up with the correct information and then click on Continue.
- Apple will then check for a match in the credentials. If it finds the result, you will be asked to verify your information by answering the security questions or using your email verification.
Although the restoration access to an Apple ID isn’t too difficult, keep in mind that you should remember your security question and verification email address.