Hello all Galaxy S7 Edge users! I’d like to bring great news for you today. You want to experience Android 7.0 Nougat on your Galaxy S7 Edge, then I have something for you. It’s is a pre-rooted Android Nougat ROM Beta 3 for your handset. This new ROM will add newest features of Android 7.0 Nougat on your S7 Edge.
Because it’s not an official Nougat update, so it can make the KNOX tripped that means you will lose the warranty of your Galaxy S7 Edge. However, before installing this Custom ROM, you need to install the latest TWRP Custom Recovery image on your handset. The new Android firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and make it more noteworthy to use.
Remember, this update is only for the Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked. Maintain at least 50% power to avoid unexpected shutdown during installing this Nougat Rom. Another important thing is making a full backup of your S7 Edge so that you will not permanently lose any important data on your handset.
Steps to flash Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- First, download the pre-rooted Nougat firmware and the Modem/BL zip file for your S7 Edge
- Then connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and transfer the Custom 7.0 Nougat ROM and the Modem/BL zip file to the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, power off your handset, put it into recovery mode by pressing altogether the Home+ Power+ Volume Up button, then press the Volume Down to enter the recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved to your device
- Now click Install and wait still the files flashed on your S7 Edge one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: Galaxy S7 Edge leaked images in Glossy Black
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy S7 Edge to the Android 7.0 Nougat. Updating your Smartphone following the steps given above is not difficult and hence must not create any issues for you. If you still face any issues, feel free to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.