The 2013 HTC One M7 has started receiving the Android 5.0 Nightlies Custom ROM which will revamp your device. If you have not already installed the Custom ROM in your Smartphone and searching for a HOW TO source, then this is the right place for you. By following the below given few simple steps, you can install the Stock ROM on your HTC One M7 easily and can enjoy the Lollipop features.
The Cyanogenmod 12 Nightlies are right now busy updating their releases with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop and the exclusive features that the CM 12 can bring on your device are theme Engine, Quick Settings reorganization & customization, Quick Settings Ribbon mode, Navigation bar reorganization and customization, Sound panel customization and Lock-screen quick unlock etc. Now let’s take a look on the below given step-by-step tips to flash this new Custom ROM to your device.
Remember, this update is exclusively purposed for your HTC One M7 Smartphone and hence shouldn’t be used with any other device. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Remember, we at TechGipsy will not take any responsibility if your Smartphone experiences any issues or problems during installation.
Besides enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your HTC One X Smartphone. Apart install the HTC One X drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Nightlies ROM on HTC One M7
- First of all download the CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your HTC One M7
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the firmwares are flashed in your HTC One M7 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
- The rebooting takes few minutes before it will collect and wrap all files.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Smartphone with the brand new CyanogenMod 12.0 Android 5.0 Nightlies ROM firmware. Updating your Smartphone following the pprocedure is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.