AT&T HTC One X PJ83100 is one of the much popular Smartphones in the US and International Smartphone market. If you are a user of the said Smartphone and is desperate to flash the newest i.e. Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware to this handset of yours, then I have a pretty good news for you. Of course, there is no official Lollipop firmware available for this Smartphone right now. But you can update it with the latest released Candy5 Android 5.0.1Lollipop Custom ROM.
As per reports, this Custom ROM is developed by XDA developers and hence all credit goes to them for this wonderful Custom ROM that gives you the oppertunity to enjoy Lollipop in even bbefore its official release. Being this the non-official Custom ROM, it will definitely need your Smartphone to get rooted and flashed with a Custom Recovery image i.e. CWM or TWRP Recovery for completing the installation.
But I must make you warned here that by flashing this Custom ROM to your device you will loose the warranty of your device and for any further repairings and bug fixes, you have to pay at the counter. You can never retrieve your warranty again. Besides, because of the installation your device might undergo certain issues or bugs or even might brick for which we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible.
Remember, this update is exclusively purposed for the AT&T HTC One X Smartphone. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your HTC One X Smartphone. Apart install the HTC One X drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Candy5 Android 5.0.1Lollipop Custom ROM on HTC One X
- First of all download the Candy5 Custom ROM and Gapps file from Google for your HTC One X Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM.zip and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and it wait still the firmwares are flashed in your HTC One X Smartphone.
- Oce the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Wait still the device reboot. The whole process will take around 10-15 minutes. Now your Smartphone will resume with the newest Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware in your handset. You will not face any issues in the update process. In case you face any issues, don’t bother to ping me back in the commengt section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.