Although Google has stopped updating newer Android versions for Google Nexus 9 for over one year, that does not means Nexus 9 users cannot get the latest Android version on their tablets. If have a Google Nexus 9 and want to experience the newest Android 7.1.2 version on your tablet, we now have a custom ROM to help you. That’s the Lineage custom ROM. The new ROM includes the newest features as well as fixes the bug fixes still existing in Android 7.0 version. Here are steps to update your Nexus 9 tablet with the Android 7.1.2 custom ROM.
However, you should remember that as this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Nexus 9 might probably get some small bugs, but it will be fixed in the next updates. Furthermore, you should also meet the pre-requirements before starting the process.
First, your tablet must be unlocked the bootloader as well as installed the latest TWRP/CWM recovery. Besides, remember to make a full backup as the process will delete all you data. You should also activate the USB Debugging option in Settings> Developer Option so that your tablet can connect more easily with the computer. Among other important requirements, charge you Nexus 9 to at least 50% power left to avoid unexpected issues during the Custom ROM update.
Steps To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM On Google Nexus 9
- First, download the Android 7.1.2 custom ROM & Gapps 7.1 for your Nexus 9 tablet
- Then connect your device to your computer and move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the internal storage of your device. After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into the recovery mode.
- Here, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache on your Nexus 9.
- Then tap the “Install” option and flash the Android 7.1.2 custom ROM on your tablet.
- Reboot into recovery again to flash the Google Apps package.
- Once done, return to the recovery menu and select “reboot system”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all steps you have to do. Wait for your Nexus 9 to reboot. Great! Now you can taste the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your tablet. In case you get any issues, ping us back in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.