XDA Developer Trafalgar Square has launched the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Temasek unofficial Custom ROM for the Nvidia Shield Tablet so that the users can enjoy the Marshmallow features on it. Being this a stable ROM, it will bless your device with the most powerful Marshmallow features and simultaneously will help you get a ever more superior Mobile experience. If you have not already enjoyed the Lollipop features in your handset still now or is a fan of new Custom ROMs, then you can move a step ahead flashing this new Custom ROM on your Nvidia Shield Tablet.
The CM13 Stable ROM is based on the Android Marshmallow CyanogenMod builds and hence is claimed to provide stable performance. But before initiating the Custom ROM update, ensure to follow the guidelines mentioned below. These pre-requirements are much required for an error free and successful firmware implementation. But before starting the update remember that we at TechGipsy will not stand responsible if anything inconvenient happens to your Nvidia Shield Tablet because of the update.
Among the pre-requirements, your Tablet needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Also you should create a complete backup for your Android device (A Nandroid Backup) since your device data might vanish during installation. You must install the Nvidia Shield Tablet drivers on the PC to make it connect easily to your Android tab. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your Android handset and PC needs to get disabled from any antivirus link if you are using.
Maintain at least 75% power back up on your device to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Marshmallow CM13 Stable ROM on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your Nvidia Shield Tablet.
- Then connect your Nvidia Shield Tablet to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Nvidia Tablet, unplug USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another r & wait still both the files get flashed in your Nvidia Shield Tablet.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
And walla! Now you have finally flashed the unofficial Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Temasek stable ROM on your Nvidia Shield Tablet. In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.