In my previous article, I informed you the steps to flash the new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 (SaberMod) Custom ROM to Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-1605 and here I shall guide you through the steps to update your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 Smartphone the newly introduced Android 5.0 Lollipop Liquidsmooth (Nightly) Custom ROM.
Reportedly, the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Liquidsmooth (Nightly) Custom ROM is now available for update. The Custom ROM has been introduced by Senior XDA member mtb3000gt and hence the absolute credit for this update goes to him. But since this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility of your device getting bricked. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with a Custom Recovery image before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your handset since your data might vanish post update. You must install the Verizon Galaxy S3 drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset you need to disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0 Lollipop Liquidsmooth (Nightly) Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your LG L90 D405 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Now click Install and wait still the firmwares are flashed on your Verizon Galaxy S3 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Wait for the update to finish. Once the update is finished your Smartphone will automatically restart. That’s all. Now your Smartphone is ready to taste the latest Android 5.0.2 features on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 Smartphone. Following the steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.