Moto G is a popular smartphone device in the market manufactured by Motorola Mobility. This smartphone is too new in the market since it hit the floors on 13th of November 2013. This smartphone has captured the market just after its release due to it’s upper middle class features in an affordable price. This phone is compatible with both the 2G and 3G networks and hence is basically the favourite of the present day youth. With the increasing popularity of this phone the anxiety for upgrading the device is also massively increasing. While the device runs on the pre-built Android 4.3 Jelly bean OS, users are right now getting desperate to upgrade it to the latest Android version i.e. Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System. So, here we bring you an array of steps one would like to follow to upgrade their Mototrola Moto G device to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Tutorial to Upgrade Moto G to Andorid 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- First you have to download the file for Android 4.4.2 KitKat and update it. The file is available in the official page also.
- Save the downloaded file on your PC.
- Don’t unzip the downloaded file and keep it on your desktop.
- Connect your Moto G with your PC using a USB cable.
- Transfer the firmware file desktop to your phone’s memory card.
- Turn off your Motorola Moto G.
- Then, go into the recovery mode.
- On the recovery mode select “wipe cache partition”>“wipe dalvick cache”. And then wipe the system by selecting “wipe data factory reset”.
- Go back to main menu of recovery mode.
- From the main menu of recovery mode select “install zip from SD card” then, “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 KK system and flash the update on your Motorola Moto G.
- At last go back to the main menu of recovery mode and select “reboot system now”.
This is just a 12 step tutorial which you have to follow exactly to update your device to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. But before you start the installation process there are some factors which you should keep in mind. The most important factor is that your phone should have enough battery back up (at least 60%) to avoid interruption in the downloading process. Not only that, before you go through this installation process you have to root your Motorola Moto G Smartphone . For the rooting process you will get the guide in the official website of Motorola. So you must go through the guide and root your phone at first. Before starting the rooting process, create a complete back up for your device. You can also make a NANDROID backup for the ROM which is already present on your device. This NANDROID backup will help you out to recover your data if your installation of Android 4.4.2 KitKat doesn’t work on your device properly or if you want to switch to the previous ROM.
Before initiating the instalation process, make sure that you have gone through the tutorial properly. Any damage or brick your device might suffer from during the installation will not the responsibility of TechGipsy. So make sure that your phone meets every feature required to install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Motorola Moto G. Hope this tutorial will help you out in installing this Rom on your phone.