If you are a user of the International Unlocked Galaxy A5 2017 smartphone, then we have a very good news for you. It’s time to make your Smartphone free from the Blueborne vulnerability which devoid of your knowledge permits access to the hackers to take control of your device via Bluetooth. This is how your handset goes into the captivity of hackers and they can easily get every single data getting inputted to your device.
However, finally the security patch code-named Android 7.0 A520FXXU2BQIE has been rolled for your device and no matter where across the globe you reside, you can easily make use of this below given manual update procedure to flash the update to your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 smartphone. However, if you are not one who loves to play with your Android, then it’s recommended that you better wait for the OTA as we at TechGipsy will not be blamed if your device bugs or bricks following this tutorial. Anyone who uses this procedure to flash the firmware to their devices will be solely responsible for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 need to be backed up before update, as it might erase all your data.
- You need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy drivers since it will connect your device to your PC easily. If not installed, then at first you need to download the USB drivers and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 should be enabled at first. To enable, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Option.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully, at least maintain 60% power back up on your device before the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the Android 7.0 A520FXXU2BQIE.zip file (Blueborne Security patch) for your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.12.3 zip here.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A5 into download mode by first switching off the phone and then press holding its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ Buttons simultaneously. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on the screen to put your device into the download mode.
- After connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message once the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Nougat folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will start now and will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still the update finishes and your device reboots.
Congrats! Now you have completely learned the procedure to flash the Nougat Blueborne Security patch on your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 model. In case of any issues, please feel free to get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to help you come out of the issue.