The Redmi Note 4 is one of the bestselling mid –range smartphones of Xiaomi late last year. However, the devices still now stops at Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and there is no rumor about the Android Nougat for it. But if you are having a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and eager to taste a newer Android version, we now have solution for you. That’s is the Android 7.1.1 Lineage OS ROM. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage build which brings for you the superior Android Nougat experience with the new Lineage features on your device. In this tutorial, we’ll show you a step-by-step guide to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s a little tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Custom ROM is not for you.
Before flashing the Custom ROM update, you need to install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) for your Redmi Note 4. Also you need to make a full backup of your important data. Remember to install the Mi drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Finally, keep at least 50% power left in your Xiaomi device to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is only for the Xiaomi Remi Note 4 smartphone so you should not use it on any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we will not take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 7.1.1 on Xiaomi Remi Note 4
- First of all download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage ROM file for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and then the Gapps file.
- After that, plug your device to your computer & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Then power off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, detach the USB cable and put it into Recovery mode.
- Here, make a clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Now install the downloaded files on your handset. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Lineage Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- After the process is completed, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will now boot up right away without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android 7.1.1. Let’s know the changes that you see in your Redmi Note 4 post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issues.