Hello all Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 users! Can you believe that the Android 7.0 Nougat finally hit your device? Although the OTA update has not yet to come to your Sm-G920V, you can use the ODIN app to manually flash the update. However, before doing that, you first have to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure so that your update will be successful and you will not lose any important data in your device. So you should note the pre-requirements.
- Back up all your important data of your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V as the update would erase all your data.
- You also need a computer and a USB cable for the update.
- Your computer needs to be pre-installed with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers for connecting your device to your PC easier. If not installed, then at first download it from the official Samsung website and install it on your PC.
- Then enable USB Debugging option by heading to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly maintain your phone battery fully charged. If not, chare it to at least 50% power before starting the update.
This guide is only for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V so flashing this firmware on other devices might get them bricked. Remember, we will not take responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during flashing the firmware. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for your Verizon Galaxy S6 SM-G920V and Odin v3.10.zip, here. Once done, extract them on the desktop of your computer.
- Then boot your Verizon Galaxy S6 into download mode by holding & pressing the ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ Buttons at a time when your phone powers off. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as soon as a warning message appears on the screen to put your device into the download mode.
- Next, plug your device to your computer and launch Odin app.
- The Odin will display a message after the connection is successful.
- Now, in Odin, click on “AP/PDA” box and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the unzipped Android 7.0 Nougat folder. Make sure you have already unticked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take about 15-20 minutes. Wait for your Verizon Galaxy S6 to restart.
Also read: How to International Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Congratulation! You have now updated your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V to the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest features with GraceUX interface in your handset. In case you get any issue, ping us back via the comment section. We shall definitely find out a solution for you.