Finally, Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update has come with Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V. The build of this latest Android firmware update is ID T707VVRU1CPH4 and you can go straight to the Settings > About Phone > System Update to get the latest Android version for your Tab S. However, not all users will be able to upgrade their devices to the new firmware at the same time, though Samsung rolled out the update. Therefore, if the update is not yet available in your region, you can still install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Verizon Galaxy Tab S manually using Odin flashing tool.
In this article, we will show you how to use Odin app to flash the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Verizon Galaxy Tab S. No matter you are advanced or just normal users, you can confidently use the Odin app to complete the update, then this is our tutorial that you should follow to update Verizon Galaxy Tab S to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
This guide only contains Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and instructions for Verizon Galaxy Tab S. Do not try to install the firmware on other Samsung devices or incorrect variant. Verify the model of your device by going to Settings > About Phone, the model number must be SM-T707V.
We do not take responsibility for any kind of damage occurring with your Samsung Verizon Galaxy Tab S SM-T707V during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Before Getting Started:
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device by going to Settings > Developer Options >turn USB Debugging option. If you do not see, just tap 7 times on Build number inside About phone.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer
- You will lose root access if you update to this firmware
- Make sure the battery is at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation.
- Verizon Galaxy Tab S must be running on 100% stock Android
Steps to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Verizon Galaxy Tab S T707V
- Back up all your data via Google account in case there is something wrong while doing the process.
- Download the 6.0.1 firmware of the Galaxy Tab S, here and save it on your PC.
- Once done, extract the Rom file on your PC. You will obtain the T707VVRU1CPH4 tar.md5 firmware file. Remember not to unzip the md5 file.
- Download Odin 3.10 version from here. After the download is done, also unzip the file.
- Now, power off your device.
- Next, boot the device into Download Mode. To do that, hold down the Volume Down + Home, then press the PowerHold three buttons together for a few seconds. Then a warning screen with a yellow exclamation mark will appear, press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode
- Open exe with administrator on your PC.
- Connect your device to computer via a USB cable. Wait for a while so that Odin can detect your device. The ID: COM gateway in Odin will turn blue and you can see the “Added!” line in the Odin’s diary. If you do not see the “Added!”, you need to reinstall Samsung USB driver and restart your computer.
- Click on “Options” tab and make sure ‘re-partition’ box is disabled.
10. Now, click on the AP button in Odin, and open T707VVRU1CPH4 tar.md5 file to load it in Odin.
11. Once done, click on Start button to proceed with installation.
Once done, you will see the PASS on the Odin, and your devices will reboot and start installing the update. Unplug the Galaxy Tab S T707V, and wait for the reboot to complete. Now your Tab S runs at Android 6.0.1 successfully. Use your Google account to restore data on your device.
These are the steps to perform ‘factory reset’, in case your device is running a Custom ROM. Here is how to do the factory reset for your Galaxy Tab S:
- Power off the device
- Boot into Recovery Mode by long-pressing Volume Up + Power+ Home button at the same time for a while.
- Release the buttons when the recovery displays.
- Choose ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- Confirm and restart your device in normal mode.