Dear Readers!! I am back with a fresh update for you. Recently the TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN has started receiving the brand new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J320FNXXU0APF3 Firmware. If you are a user of this Smartphone, then you will definitely get interested to install this new firmware to your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3. This update is rolled in Italy at this moment. But you might wonder, how to update! No issues. I am here to guide you through the steps to flash this new firmware on your Smartphone.
This firmware is supposed to bring a number of changes to your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN. Well, you will also be able to root your handset post update. But before, you need to know the requirements which are essential for smooth update of your device. Now let’s have a look on the pre-requirements.
NB: Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Samsung Galaxy handset before initiating the update since this guide andn the download link is meant only for the TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Make sure that TechGipsy will not remain responsible if any sort of damage or data loss your Galaxy handset undergoes during the update. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J3 drivers since the drivers will connect your handset to your PC easily. If not installed, then download & install the drivers at first from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before update. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 J320FNXXU0APF.zip file for your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to put your handset into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN restarts.
That’s it! You have completed the steps to install the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J320FNXXU0APF3 Firmware on your TIM Samsung Galaxy J3. Now you have to wait still the flashing finishes and your Smartphone restarts. Once restarted, your update is finished and you can enjoy the enhanced Lollipop features in your Galaxy device. The steps are quite easy. So you shouldn’t face any issues in the update. If faced, don’t hesitate to mention your concern below in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.