Samsung, the leading mobile and Smartphone manufacturer has lately launched the official Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANF9 firmware update for its Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi (SM-T700) model. The Tablet is popular in its genre for its unique and rich specifications that includes 8.4″ display with 1600 x 2560 Pixel resolution, Android 4.4 KitKat OS, 8.0 MP primary camera with flash, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM and battery back up to 10 hrs. If you are a proud owner of this sexy device and want to further upgrade it to the latest 4.4.2 XXU1ANF9 firmware, then we have two options for you. Since this update is released in South East Europe and if you are a user living in the same region, then you will get a notification in your device (since its an OTA update) to update it further. After getting the notification just click on it to download it and follow the appearing instructions on the screen of your tablet to update it further. But if you are a user living outside the region or even living within the concerned region, yet desperate to update your device now, then you can follow the manual update method. But for that you have to follow a manual update guide and I in TechGipsy today bring you a complete step-by-step guide to fill your purpose. Just follow the article and within a few minutes you will successfully update your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi with the Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXU1ANF9 Firmware. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung SM-T700 Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Tab SM-T700 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Tab SM-T700 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANF9.zip file for your Galaxy Tab SM-T700 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab SM-T700 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Tab SM-T700 into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy Tab SM-T700 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXU1ANF9 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab SM-T700 restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating your Galaxy Tab SM-T700. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.