After a long wait, Samsung has finally started rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat for all T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T units. You can now check for the update in Settings> Software Update. However, if the OTA update has not yet to hit your SM-G902T, you can take advantage of the ODIN app to flash the update. However, before doing that, you should first check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update so that your update will not be not failed and lose any important data in your device. So you should note the pre-requirements.
- Make a backup for all your data of the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T.
- A computer and a USB cable are required for the update.
- Your computer needs to be preloaded with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers for connecting your device to your PC more easily.
- Then enable USB Debugging option by heading to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly charge your phone battery to at least 50% power before starting the update.
This guide is only for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T so flashing this firmware on other devices might get them bricked. Remember, we will not take responsible for any sort of damage during flashing the firmware. So updating only if you understand what you do.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T and Odin v3.10.zip, here. Once done, extract them on the desktop of your computer.
- Then enter the Odin mode on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 by holding & pressing the ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ buttons at a time when your phone powers off. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as soon as a warning message appears on the screen.
- Next, connect your device to your computer and launch Odin app.
- Once the connection is successful the Odin will display a message and the connection port will turn into the green color.
- Now, click on “AP/PDA” box and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.0 Nougat folder. Make sure you have already unticked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option and click on the “Start” button to start flashing ROM. The update process will take about 15-20 minutes. Wait for your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to restart.
Also read: How to International Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
You have now successfully updated your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T to the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest features with GraceUX layout in your handset. In case getting any issue, ping us back via the comment section. We shall definitely find out a solution for you.