Are you a T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I user? If yes, then we have a fabulous news for you. The most recent reports reveal that Samsung has started rolling the latest Android 4.4.2 I9301IXXUAOJ1 firmware for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+ users in Germany. If you are a user of the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ and want to further update your Smartphone to the newest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Updating your Galaxy handset following this article is quite easy and takes few minutes only. Just follow the below given steps and make your work done. But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I & only for Germany and implementing the procedure in other devices or the same devices in any other region might brick your device. We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any damage or data loss if your device experiences during the update. Proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- Download the Android 4.4.2 I9301IXXUAOJ1.zip file for your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+ to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.2 I9301IXXUAOJ1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ restarts.
Congratulations!! You are finished with the update process. Now it’s time to enjoy the new improvised features on your handset. Also don’t forget to let’s know the varied changes you find in your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Neo+ SMartphone post update. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.