In my previous article, I let you know How to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 to Android 7 Nougat G950USQU1AQFJ Firmware and hope the article would have helped users who wanted to update their Smartphones to the latest OS. Here in this article I shall guide you through the steps to update your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime to Android 7 Nougat J327TUVU1AQF7 Firmware using Odin method. The task is quite easy and will help you to fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless your device with brand new features. But to perform the task you need to follow a manual step-by-step guide that I bring here today for you. Just follow this article and soon you can successfully update your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime to the Android Nougat J327TUVU1AQF7 Firmware.
If you are a proud owner of the awesome T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime and want to further upgrade it to the latest Nougat J327TUVU1AQF7 firmware, then we have two options for you. One is the OTA update and the other is the Manual update. This update is rolled in the United States of America and some other parts of the globe. If you are a user of the said device, then soon you will get a notification on your device (since it’s an OTA update) to upgrade it further. After getting the notification just click on it to download it and follow the appearing instructions on the screen of your Smartphone to update it further. But if you are a user of the Smartphone who is desperate to update your device without waiting for the OTA, then you can follow the manual update method.
But before that you need to meet certain conditions, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. But TechGipsy will not be responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your handset might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7 Nougat.zip file for your Smartphone and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the handset to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime restarts.
That’s all what you need to do! You are now successfully done with the updating your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Prime to the newest version of Nougat OS. Go ahead and experience the Nougat fun in your Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.