After a long wait, the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P users can now get the Android 7.0 Nougat on your device. Samsung has recently rolled out a new firmware update with the build name G930PVPU4BQAA for your handset. This update comes through OTA, but if you have not received the update notification, you can then try the alternate method by using the ODIN app. However, before that you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone before proceeding as this guide is only for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P (cdma) smartphone and flashing this firmware on other devices might get them bricked. Remember, we will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the update process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- You should back up the important data of your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P before the update as it would format all your data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers to help you connect your device to your PC easier. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install it on your PC.
- Then enable USB Debugging option by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not, keep a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat G930PVPU4BQAA file for your Sprint Galaxy S7 SM-G930P and Odin v3.10.zip, here. Once done, extract it on the desktop of your PC.
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P into download mode by holding & pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time when the phone powers off. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as you see a warning message on the screen to put your device into the download mode.
- Next, connect your device to your computer and launch Odin app.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection is successful.
- Now, in Odin interface, click on “AP/PDA” box and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the unzipped Android 7.0 Nougat G930PVPU4BQAA folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take about 15-10 minutes. Wait for your Sprint Galaxy S7 cdma to restart.
Also read: How to International Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Congratulation! You have now updated your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 CDMA to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest Nougat features with GraceUX layout in your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P. In case you have any issue, bring us back via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.