Hello LG G3 LS990 users! If you are interested in enjoying a smoother and more powerful Android experience on your handset, then we have a new one for you. One new unofficial great Nougat ROM is available for the LG G3 LS990. The Custom ROM is Android 7.1 Nougat crDroidAndroid ROM and based on CyanogenMod builds. This new ROM will add a number of new features on your G3 LS990 that include newest feature of Android 7.1 Nougat.
Because it’s not an official update, so it will cause the warranty loss of your LG G3 LS990 and you can’t retrieve it back. However, before flashing this Custom ROM, you must root your LG G3 LS990 first and make sure a Custom Recovery image installed on your LG G3 LS990. The new Android firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face some issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not take any responsibility.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the LG G3 LS990 Smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked. Moreover, turn on the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. Maintain at least 65% power to avoid unexpected shutdown during update. Most importantly create a full back of your LG G3 LS990 so that you will not permanently lose any important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation of the update, all data in your device will be erased.
Also read: How to update LG Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat crDroidAndroid ROM and Gapps file for your LG G3 LS990.
- Then connect your device to your PC using a USB cable and move the Custom 7.1 Nougat ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, power off your Smartphone, boot it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved to your SD card
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed on your LG G3 LS990 one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your LG G3 LS990 Smartphone to the Android 7.1 Nougat ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence must not create any issues for you. If you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.