Great news for all Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone users. Ask what? Samsung just of late launched a new firmware called the Android 2.0 XXLD1 for the Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 handset. While the device was by default running on the Bada OS (v2.0), now it can be further upgraded to the Android 2.0 XXLD1 Firmware. While the Android 2.0 XXLD1 is called Android Eclair, it packs a number of features that can drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and exemplification. Better you can experience the features once you have upgraded your device into the next firmware. While the update is right now live in Russia, it’s supposed to reach the other corners of the world soon. To start updating your Smartphone right now via manual update, go through the steps properly and follow those accordingly.
Make sure to check your device name and model properly before initiating the update, since the update is exclusively meant for the Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone and implementing the same in other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any sort of issues created in your device due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Grand 2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 2.0 XXLD1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) device into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Wave 3 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.3 extracted XXLD1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone device with the latest Android 2.0 XXLD1 firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest Jelly bean fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new jelly bean experience via massage. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.