The Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite SM-T116BU is one of the popular devices and it maintains its class with a 7.0 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors, Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB Internal memory, 2MP Primary Camera and many more. While before the Galaxy Tab was running the default Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, now users can enjoy the newest Android 4.4.4 KitKat Operating System in it.
But for that you have to flash the Android 4.4.4 KitKat UBU0APF1 Firmware on their Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite. The firmware can be flashed manually in their handset by following the below mentioned steps. The below given update method is especially meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite users residing in Brazil, Colombia and some other regions. Download links given in this article are only meant for the said specified regions and not for others. So ensure that you are following the said guidelines.
Before initiating the update, you need to fulfill certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite SM-T116BU should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab to your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download Android 4.4.4 KitKat UBU0APF1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite into download mode by first turning it off & then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite into download mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Tab to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy tab to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite restarts.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite SM-T116BU to the official 4.4.4 KitKat UBU0APF1 firmware. Move ahead to experience the latest KitKat features in your Galaxy handset. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.