My previous article was about the Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat T116BUUBU0APF1 Firmware update for Galaxy Tab3 Lite and I think the article must have been of some use to the readers. In this article, I will inform you How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T719 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow T719XXU1APF6 Firmware via the Odin method.
The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing issues in the current firmware build of your handset and will bless it with a number of new Marshmallow features. But to perform the task you need to fully read and understand the guide that I have for you. Just follow this article with the given steps and in few minutes you will successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T719 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow T719XXU1APF6 Firmware.
This article is for all those proud owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T719 who want to further upgrade their device to the newest firmware version. We have a couple of options left for you. This update has gone on floor in a number of countries across the globe. So users who are receiving firmware update Over the Air, can flash it on their Galaxy handset by downloading and installing it. But if you have already missed the update and have not updated your device yet, then you can take help of this manual update method. But before that you must fill certain requirements, otherwise called pre-requirements for the update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T719 before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the said device and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick it completely. However,TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if the device undergoes any during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T719 should be provided a good backup before this update since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 drivers since it will connect your device to your PC properly. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow T719XXU1APF6.zip file for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy tab into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T719 to the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. Now it’s time to mark the new Marshmallow developments in your Galaxy handset. In case of any issues, inform me in the comment section and I shall try to find out a solution. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.