I do have a very good news for all the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 users. They can now upgrade their Galaxy handset further to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow T713XXU1APD8 firmware. The update was recently rolled by Samsung in in a number of countries across the globe such as Korea, Chile, Peru, China, Singapore, Turkey etc. As you know the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 is a powerful device with a number of good features that include a 8″ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen Display with 2048×1536 pixels resolution, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 MSM8976 processor, supports in-built 32 GB memory, 7.99 MP rear camera with features such as autofocus, digital zoom, Geotagging, Panorama etc with a 2.07MP secondary camera and many other features.
The Galaxy Tab went on floors in with the stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS and now it’s getting upgraded to the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. So definitely it’s a good news for all those Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 users who have purchased this device. If you are a proud owner of this device and want to upgrade it to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Remember, this update will bring you the opportunity to root your device too. But before that ensure to read & understand the steps that can easily update your Smartphone to the latest firmware.
But before that you need to fill certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 and using the procedure in other devices might brick that device completely. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 drivers since the drivers will connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, then at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Korea, Chile, Peru, China, Singapore, Turkey) the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.zip file folder for your SSamsung Galaxy Tab S2 and extract it on the desktop. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Android into download mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of your Samsung Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still the update finishes and your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 restarts.
Once restarted successfully, know that you are done with the update. Now you can explore the changes your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T713 has undergone post update. In case of any issues, feel free to inform me. I might find a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.