Hello all Samsung Galaxy Tab Active SM-T395 users! The Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS has finally hit your handset. The update is rolled over the air and might hit your handset at any point of time. So keep an eagle eye on your device to get the update alert. Conversely, those who are not interested to wait for the OTA and love tweaking their device, we will recommend them to use the ODIN app to manually flash the firmware. But before doing that they at first need to check the pre-requirements and steps for this update so that your update will be successful and you will not lose any important data in your device. So you should note the pre-requirements.
- Back up all your important data of your Samsung Galaxy Tab Active SM-T395 as the update will erase all your data.
- You also need a computer and a USB cable for the update.
- Your computer needs to be pre-installed with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active USB drivers for connecting your handset to your PC properly. If not installed, then first download it from the official Samsung website and install it on your PC.
- Then enable USB Debugging option by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not, charge it up to 60% power before starting the update.
This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active SM-T395. So flashing this firmware on your handset might brick your device. Remember, we will not be responsible for any issue or data loss in your device during the firmware iinstallation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Steps to Update
- At first, download (download as per your region) the Android 7 Nougat firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Tab Active SM-T395 and then download Odin v3.10.zip, here. Once done, extract those to the desktop of your computer.
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab Active into download mode by press holding the ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ Buttons at a time still your phone powers off. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as soon a warning message appears on the screen to put your device into download mode.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable and then launch Odin.
- Odin will display a message in the bottom left corner of your device if the connection is successful.
- Now in Odin, click the “AP/PDA” and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the unzipped Android 7 Nougat folder. Make sure you have unticked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will start now and will take around 10-20 minutes. Wait for your Samsung Galaxy Tab Active SM-T395 to restart.
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab Active SM-T395 to the new Android 7 Nougat Operating System. Now you can experience the latest features with Android Nougat OS in your handset. In case you face any issue, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.