Great news for all Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G users. Ask what? Samsung just of late launched a new firmware called the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop P555MUBU1AOJ1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G device. While the device by default runs on the Android 5.0 Lollippop, now it can be further upgraded to the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware. This new firmware is about to add few more features on your Galaxy Tab that will drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specification. Better you can experience the features once you have upgraded your device into the next firmware. While the update is right now live in Trinidad and Tobago, Brazil and Colombia, it’s supposed to reach other corners of the globe soon. To start updating your Smartphone right now using the manual update, follow the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device name and model properly before initiating the update, since the update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G SM-P555M and implementing the same in other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G SM-P555M should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Tab A 4G drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Trinidad and Tobago, Brazil and Colombia) the 5.0.2 Lollipop P555MUBU1AOJ1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G into download mode by first turning off the Android device and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.0.2 Lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G restarts
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 4G with the latest Android 5.0.2 P555MUBU1AOJ1 firmware. Go ahead and experience the reformed Lollipop experience in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.