Great news for all Samsung Galaxy SM-T819Y users is that Samsung has just released the new Marshmallow update for the Samsung Galaxy SM-T819Y. While the tablet by default runs on the Android 5.0 Lollipop, now it can further be upgraded to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. This new firmware will add a number of new features on your Galaxy Tab S2 that drags your tablet into superiority, both in terms of features and specification.
Once you have upgraded your Android Galaxy Tab S2 to the higher version of OS, you can experience the features on your tablet better. While the update is right now in India, Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Brazil and some other countries. It is supposed to reach other corners of the globe soon. However, if the update is not available for your device, you can still install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy SM-T819Y manually by using Odin flashing tool.
This guide is only for Galaxy SM-T819Y. Do not try to install the firmware on other Samsung devices as implementing the same in other Android devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. You should verify the model once again by going to Settings > About Phone, the model number must be SM-T819Y. Remember, TechGipsy will not take any responsibility for any sort of issues created in your device during and after the update process.
Related: How to update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Korean Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015)
Before Getting Started:
- Turn the USB Debugging Mode on your device by going to Settings > Developer Options > turn it on. If you do not see, just tap 7 times on Build number inside ‘About Phone’ section.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer
- The root access on your tablet will be lost when you update your device to this firmware
- Ensure the battery is at least about 60% to perform the process.
Also read: Flash Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705
How to update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy SM-T819Y
- Back up your entire data first in case there is something unlucky while performing the update.
- Download the 6.0.1 firmware of the Galaxy SM-T819Y, here. Once done, extract the Rom file on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.10 version from here. After the download is done, also extract the file.
- Now, power off your device, and boot your Galaxy SM-T819Y into Odin Mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume Down + Home button, then press the Hold 3 buttons together for some seconds. You will see a warning screen, press the Volume Upkey to enter Odin Mode
- Next, launch Odin.exewith administrator on your computer.
- Connect your tablet to computer using a USB cable. Wait Odin for a while to detect your device. The ID: COMgateway in Odin will turn blue and you can see the “Added!” . If it does not have the “Added!” line, you have to reinstall Samsung USB driver and restart your computer.
- Click on “Options”tab and make sure ‘re-partition’ box is disabled
- Now, click on the AP/PDA button in Odin, and open Rom file you just extracted,wait some minutes for Odin load it in.
- Once done, click on Startbutton to begin the installation firmware
When the process is done, you will see the PASS on the Odin app; your tablet will reboot and start installing the update. Unplug you device, and wait for the reboot. Now your Galaxy SM-T819Y runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.