In my previous article, I let you know How to update your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 to Android 7 Blueborne Security Patch and hope the article would have helped the users to prevent the hackers from attacking their devices without permission. Now this article is for the Canadian Samsung Galaxy S8 users with model number SM-G955W. This firmware update brings security patch update over the Nougat OS which will fix the existing issues on your device and will enrich your handset with an all new powerful and stable Operating System.
The firmware is being rolled Over The Air with the firmware build name G955WVLU1AQI7, but also can be flashed to your device using the Odin update method which is though manual yet an official update process. The task is easy, will fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless your device with a number of new powerful features. But to perform the task you need to follow a step-by-step guide that I have here for you. Just follow this article and you can easily upgrade your powerful Samsung Galaxy S8 to Android Nougat Security patch.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Smartphone with model number SM-G955W and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not be blamed for any damage of your handset or data loss during the installation process. So be ready to take the risk if any arises.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G955W should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S8 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official siteof Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not full, at least maintain 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G955WVLU1AQI7.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S8 Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S8 into download mode by switching off the phone and then pressing the Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Next press the Power Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Samsung Galaxy S8 to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will start and take around 5-10 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S8 restarts.
That’s all! You have now successfully learnt the procedure to flash your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the official Android 7.0 Nougat G955WVLU1AQI7 Security Patch on your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G955W. In case faced any issues in the update process, let’s know in the comment section.
For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.