Several Canadian carriers have started rolling out the Nougat update for SM-G930W8 model of the Samsung Galaxy S7. This update comes through OTA, but if you have not received the update notification yet and are in a hurry to taste Android Nougat, then you can try the alternate method that is using the ODIN app. But before that you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure.
This update is only meant for the Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8, so you must not use it not any other device. Next, your Smartphone needs not be running the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the below given steps on your Smartphone. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you will have to make a factory reset on your device. But in case any issues you faced during the update process, then this will be your responsibility and hence we will not take responsible.
Before you flash the firmware update, remember to meet the requirements. Among the pre-requirements, making a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy S7 is the most important as there are many chances of losing data on your smartphone during the update. Secondly, you need to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S7. Finally, keep at least 60% power left on your handset so that your device will not switch off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8
- First of all download the Android Nougat.zip file for your Canadian carriers and then download Odin on your PC. Once done, extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next put your Samsung Galaxy S7 into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. After you see a warning massage appearing on your screen, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Now plug your Samsung Galaxy S7 to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully to your PC, Odin will appear a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure you uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the Auto-reboot box option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Once you are completed the update, your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8 will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know in case you faced any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.