Samsung’s popular Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F can now be updated to the newly released Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. The firmware is available to be primarily flashed via OTA and is rolled at this moment in France, United Kingdom, Chile, Portugal and a number of countries. Since this Smartphone had already approached with the default Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, so this new update is further upgradation to the default OS with few improvisations and bug fixes. You must remember that the Smartphone was by default upgradable to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS and this update has been finally pushed by the manufacturer.
The new Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS will add a number of new features to your Smartphone, generally the ones available as per its version set. You can right now go through the Google Search page to find out what are the varied features of the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. As the update is rolled Over The Air, so it’s safe and tense free to flash your Smartphone via this method. But if waiting is a burden for you then the below given manual update method is absolutely for you. Now you have to take a keen look on the varied requirements that are a must to be filled before starting the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S7 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (As per your country) the Android Lollipop.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S7 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Smartphone into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F restarts.
Congratulations! Now you came to know about the steps to flash the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Smartphone. So now you can start the update. In case you faced any issues, inform me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.