In my previous article, I let you know that T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SM-G318H receives Android 4.4.4 KitKat update in Hungary & Macedonia and hope the article would have helped the users to upgrade their handsets to the next version. Now I have the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow XXU1APGH Firmware using the Odin method. The task is easy and will help you fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless your device with a number of new powerful features. But to perform the task you need to follow a manual step-by-step guide that I have today for you. Just follow this article and within a few minutes you can upgrade your powerful Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
If you are a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and want to upgrade it to the new Marshmallow OS, then we have two options for you. This update is now rolled in Australia for the international variant and Optus. The firmware is rolled Over The Air and hence a notification will soon hit your Smartphone if you reside in Australia. After getting the notification just download it and follow the instructions appearing on the screen of your Smartphone to update it further. But if you are a user who want not to wait the OTA or have missed It, then you can follow the alternate manual method. But before that you need to go through certain requirements,which are quite essential for the update. Let’s take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone with model number SM-G935F and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not be blamed for any damage of your handset or data loss from it during the installation process. So be ready to take the risk if any arises.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Australia, Optus) the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow XXU1APGH.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge into download mode. To do that first switch off the phone and then press the Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Next press the Power Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy S7 Edge into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge restarts.
Congratulations! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow XXU1APGH Firmware. Now you can enjoy the new Marshmallow features on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. In case faced any issues in the update process, get back to us using the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.