Dear all Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD users! Set to multiply your smartphone fun as we have a good news for you. Samsung has rolled a new firmware update with the build name G935FXXU1DQAS for your S7 Edge. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 7.0 Nougat via G935FXXU1DQAS Firmware. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled out for S7 Edge’s users in Russia. The Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD is one of two Samsung’s highest flagship smartphones until now with a number of high-end features and the update is expected to bring a number of improvements for your Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD.
You must love your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD, but we think it will be better once you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you are a proud owner and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, you first need to meet certain requirements so that your update can be successful and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a look on the pre-requirements.
First, check out carefully the name and model of your smartphone before starting the update as this guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD Smartphone and implementing the procedure on other devices might get bricked your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the update. So just proceed only if you understand what you do.
- Back up all important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD before the update as it would erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for flashing the firmware.
- Your PC must be pre-installed with the Samsung USB drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- Enable the USB debugging option of your handset. To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate to Settings and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option after the post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, remain at least a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat G935FXXU1DQAS file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD for Russia and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD into download mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing the ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your device handset into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin
- You will see a message at the button-left corner of Odin after the connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.0 Nougat G935FXXU1DQAS folder. Make sure first you have unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge restarts.
Also read: How to International Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
That’s it! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the newest Nougat features in your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us by leaving the comment below. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.com.