Android 7 Nougat G920FXXU5EQE5 Firmware is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F users. If you are a user of this Smartphone and is eagerly waiting to upgrade your current firmware build, then this firmware will be important for you. The firmware right now is being rolled for the users in the United Kingdom. Being this an official firmware update, you get this Over The Air and it might reach your handset at anytime. But without waiting for OTA, you can also manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. But how? Follow the tips given below.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update as this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Smartphone and if you use it on any other device, it might brick your handset. Remember, TechGipsy will never be blamed for any damage or data loss of your device, if it experiences any during the update. So proceed at your own risk.
- Create a complete back up of your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Smartphone since the update might erase all data from your device.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy USB drivers as it will connect your Smartphone to your PC easily. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone must be enabled before update. Do so by going to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up in your handset before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- Download the Android 7 Nougat G920FXXU5EQE5 .zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button+Power Button+Home Buttons. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy handset to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Nougat folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will start now and will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully flashed the newest Android Nougat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone. If you face any issues during the update, then inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.