If you have a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920R4 Smartphone, then it’s time to rejoice. ‘Coz Samsung has started rolling the newest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920R4 handset in the United States. If you are an user of the said device and is in search of a step-by-step guide to update your device to the latest firmware (PDA: G920R4TYU2BOG9), then I am here with the simple and easy to implement guide for you. The process is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will multiply your mobile experience with the newly incorporated features. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here today for you. Just follow this article and within a few minutes you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy S6 to the latest official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9 Firmware.
This article is especially meant for those Samsung lovers who are owners of the Samsung Galaxy S6 device and are desperate to further upgrade their Smartphone to the latest 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9 firmware. I have two options for you. Firstly, you can update it after getting the firmware notification on your Smartphone. But it’s only meant for the uses living in the concerned region where the firmware has gone on floor. After getting the notification (since this is an OTA update) just you have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on your screen to update it further. But if you are a user who is not interested to wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method mentioned below. But before that you need to fill certain criteria, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920R4 & utilizing the procedure in other Smartphones might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S6 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your tablet t your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your tablet should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9.zip file for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920R4 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S6 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Then press the Volume Up Button again after warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samaung Galaxy S6 into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9 folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S6 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920R4 to the latest Android Lollipop Firmware. Go ahead and experience the Android Lollipop features in your Galaxy handset. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.