Finally, after a long wait, the official Android 7.0 Nougat update has officially been released for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920L through OTA. However, if your device has not yet to receive the update notification yet, then you can try the alternate method using the ODIN app to flash the firmware update. However, before proceeding, you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for the update.
This update is only for the Galaxy S6 SM-G920L, so you must not flash it on any other device. Next, ensure your Smartphone is running on the stock Android OS. If your smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you need to do a factory reset. However, in case any issues you face during the update process, this will be your responsibility.
Before performing the firmware update, making a full backup of your Galaxy S6 is very important, as it might get chances of losing all data on your device during the update. Moreover, remember to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option in Settings on your Galaxy S6. Finally, keep at least 50% power left so that your device will not power off during the update.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920 L.
- First of all download the Android Nougat firmware for your device and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, put your Galaxy S6 SM-G920L into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. After that, you’ll see a warning massage on your screen, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully, Odin will display a message at the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure you uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait till the update is finished.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Once you are completed the update, your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920L will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any issues in the update process. We shall try to help you out.