Samsung’s popular Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I can now be updated to the newly released Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. The firmware is available to be primarily flashed via OTA and is rolled at this moment in France, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and a number of countries. Since this Smartphone had already approached with the default Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, so this new update is further update to the default OS with few improvisations and bug fixes. You must remember that the Smartphone was by default upgradable to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS and this update has been finally pushed by the manufacturer.
The new Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS will add a number of new features to your Samsung, generally the ones available as per its version set. You can right now go through the Google Search page to find out what are the varied features of the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. As the update is rolled OTA, so it is safe and free to flash your Galaxy S6 SM-G920I via this method. But if waiting is a burden for you then the below given manual update method is absolutely for you. Now you have to take a keen look on the varied requirements that are necessary to be filled before starting the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S6 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 70% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (depending your country) the G920IDVS3EPJE.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 and extract it on the desktop of your computer. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I into download mode by first powering off your phone and then pressing the Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons together. Thereafter press the Volume UpButton again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now open Odin on your PC, press “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I reboots.
Also see: Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo gets updated to the New official Firmware
Once your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F restarts successfully, that means you are all done. If your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I stucks into bootloop mode during the update, then you have to hard reset your device and initiate the process again from the beginning. You can also follow this guide to come out of bootloop. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.