The Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F is lately receiving the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS in Caucasus Countries, Nigeria, Spain, Hungary, Poland and in a number of other countries. The OS has been officially released and is being rolled in installments Over The Air.
If you have already received the firmware update notification on your Smartphone in any corner of the globe, then you need to download and install it on your device following the appearing instructions. But if you have yet not received the firmware update notification or want not to wait more, then this manual update method will help you a lot. Read the steps properly before starting the update.
This new firmware update is supposed to bring a number of improvements on your device that will give you a superior Mobile Experience. Of course there is no details on the changelog, but it’s obvious that your Smartphone will be endowed with a number of new Marshmallow features! You can experience the changes on your handset once the update is finished. But before you start the update, make sure to meet the pre-requirements.
Remember, this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your Smartphone. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if your device experiences any during the update. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Smartphone should be provided a good backup before the update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone battery fully charged. If not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (As per your requirement) the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow .zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons. Next press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen to put your device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F to the PC via USB.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy handset to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F restarts.
Once your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F restarts successfully, know that you are all done. If your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F stucks into bootloop mode during the update, then you have to hard reset your device and initiate the process again from the beginning. You can also follow this guide to come out of bootloop. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.