The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F Smartphone that bags rave reviews for its awesome features in the global Smartphone market has started receiving the brand new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update. The update rolled from Samsung’s bag carries the build name G928FXXS2BPC1 with the product code H3G. If you won this device and want to upgrade it to the latest Android Marshmallow firmware, then this article is just for you. You can start updating your android device with this brand new firmware right now. Wonder how? Very simple. Just follow the steps given and know how to.
NB: Remember, the update is subject to your responsibility. We at TechGipsy will not be responsible if your device undergoes any issues during the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Edge+ should be provided good backup before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Launch Odin & then connect your Android device to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ restarts.
Fantastic!! You are now all done with the task. It’s time to point out the changes made to your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ post update. So start browsing your Smartphone and let’s know about the changes. If faced any problems in the update process, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.