Hello all Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ users! Can you believe that the Android 7.0 Nougat has finally hit your device? Although the OTA update has not yet to come to your SM-G928F, you can use the ODIN app to manually flash the firmware. However, before doing that you at first need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update so that your update will be successful and you will not lose any important data in your device. So you should note the pre-requirements.
- Back up all your important data of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F as the update would erase all your data.
- You also need a computer and a USB cable for the update.
- Your computer needs to be pre-installed with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ USB drivers for connecting your device to your PC easily. If not installed, then first download it from the official Samsung website and install it on your PC.
- Then enable USB Debugging option by heading to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly maintain your phone battery fully charged. If not, charge it up to 50% power before starting the update.
This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F. So flashing this firmware on other devices might brick your device. Remember, we will not be responsible for any issue or data loss during flashing the firmware. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Steps to Update
- At first, download (download as per your region) the Android 7 Nougat firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and then download Odin v3.10.zip, here. Once done, extract them on the desktop of your computer.
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ into download mode by holding & pressing the ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ Buttons at a time still your phone powers off. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as soon a warning message appears on the screen to put your device into download mode.
- Next, plug your device to your PC and launch Odin.
- Odin will display a message in the bottom left corner of your device if the connection is successful.
- Now in Odin, click the “AP/PDA” box and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the unzipped Android 7 Nougat folder. Make sure you have already unticked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will start now and will take around 15-20 minutes. Wait for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to restart.
Congratulation! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to the new Android 7 Nougat Operating System. Now experience the latest features with Android Nougat OS in your handset. In case you get any issue, ping me back in the comment section. We shall definitely find out some solution for you.