The Android 7.0 official Nougat update has officially rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F in Europe. This update for the Galaxy S6 Edge users comes through OTA. But if you have not got the update notification yet and are in a hurry to enjoy Android Nougat, then you can try the alternate method that is using the ODIN app. But before that you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure.
This update is only meant for the Galaxy S6 Edge in Europe, so you must not use it not any other device. Next, your Smartphone needs not be running the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the below given steps on your Smartphone. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you will need to do a factory reset on your device. However, in case any issues you faced during the update process, then this will be your responsibility and hence we will not be blamed.
Before you perform the firmware update, you should meet the requirements. Among the pre-requirements, making a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the most important as there are many chances of losing all data on your smartphone during the update. Secondly, you need to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S6 Edge. Finally, keep at least 50% power left on your handset so that your device will not power off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F
- First of all download the Android Nougat.zip file for your region, and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons altogether. A warning massage will appear on your screen. Now, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully to your PC, Odin will appear a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Ensure to uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Also read: Download and Install OxygenOS 4.0.2 for OnePlus 3
Once you are completed the update, your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.