It’s a pleasure to announce that Samsung has started rolling the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU3COI9 Stock Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F users. The firmware has been launched in Ireland (Three) and Slovenia with the product codes 3IE & SIO. If you are a user of the said Smartphone and reside in the said countries, then soon your device will be blessed with this new firmware from Samsung via OTA. Post receiving the firmware, you can download and install it on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge by following the instructions appearing on your screen. Also you can check availability of the firmware via Kies and update the same to your device.
But if you fail in both these update formats, then this manual update method can help you flash the firmware to your device. What you have to do is just to download the firmware from the given link and follow the given method to flash it on your Smartphone. Now let’s have a look on the below given procedure. Remember, this firmware is exclusively meant for the said device in the said regions.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities since the file might be heavy. Apart, you must ensure that you properly read and understand the whole method. It’s important because the update is your risk and we at TechGipsy shall not take any any responsibility if your device experiences any issue during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below given requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- Download (Ireland & Slovenia) the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU3COI9.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F restarts.
Congrats! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU3COI9 Firmware official firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest Lollipop features in your Galaxy handset. If you face any issues during the update, then get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new Lollipop experience via massage in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.