The Android 7.0 official Nougat update has officially rolled out by Samsung for all Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C smartphones. This update for the Galaxy S6 Edge+ users comes through OTA. But if you have not received the update notification yet and are in a hurry to experience Android Nougat on your handset, then you can try the alternate method that is using the ODIN app. But before doing that, you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure.
This update is only meant for the Galaxy S6 Edge+, so you must not use it on any other device. Next, your Smartphone needs to run the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the below given steps on your Smartphone. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you should do a factory reset on your device. However, in case any issues you faced during the update process, then this will be your responsibility.
Among the pre-requirements, you should make a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + as there are many chances of losing all data on your smartphone during the update. You also need to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S6 Edge+. Finally, keep at least 50% power backup so that your device will not power off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C
- First of all download (in United Arab and Turkey) the Android Nougat.zip file, and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin app.
- Next, put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. A warning massage will then appear on your screen. Now, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully to your PC, Odin will display a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Remember to uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Once you are completed the update, your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.