After Turkey and United Arab, Samsung has continued to roll out the Android 7.0 official Nougat update for all Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F smartphones in other European countries. This update comes through OTA, but if you have not received the update notification yet and want experience Android Nougat on your handset, then you can try the alternate method that is the ODIN app. However, before doing that, you need first to check out the pre-requirements.
This update is only meant for the Galaxy S6 Edge+, so you must not use it on any other device. Next, your Smartphone has to run on the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the below given steps on your Smartphone. In case your device is running on any Custom ROM, then you should perform a factory reset. However, in case you faced any issues during the update process, then this will be your responsibility.
Among the pre-requirements, making a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + is the most important as there are many chances of losing all data during the update process. You also need to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S6 Edge+. Finally, maintain at least 50% power backup so that your device will not power off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F
- First of all, download (Macedonia, Ukraine, Russia, Caucasus Countries) the Android 7.0 Nougat.zip file, and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin app.
- Next, put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ into download mode by pressing and holding its Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. Then, a warning massage will appear on your screen, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully to your PC, Odin will display a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Remember to uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now untick the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Once the update is completed, your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any issues in the update process. We shall try to help you out.