My previous article was about the Android 6.0 Marshmallow fRomFuture NewWorld V2 ROM update for Huawei P9 4G LTE Smartphone. And this article of mine will guide you through a step-by-step guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS via the Odin method. The task is quite easy and will upgrade the latest version of your Android handset to the powerful and newest Marshmallow OS. But to perform the task you need to fully read and understand the guide that I have for you. Just follow this article with the given steps and in few moments you will be able to successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to the new official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. The OS carries different firmware versions such as G900FXXU1CPEM, G900FXXS1CPF1 etc. The build name differs as per the region and phone models.
This article is for all those proud owners of the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F who want to upgrade their Galaxy device to the newest firmware version. We have a couple of options left for you. This update has been rolled Over the Air Germany, Greece, Macedonia, Crez Republic and a number of other countries. So users receiving the OTA update notification on their handset via OTA can update their Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F by downloading and installing the firmware on their Smartphones. But if you have already missed the update and have not updated your Smartphone yet, then the manual update method is just for you. But before that you need to meet certain conditions, otherwise called the pre-requirements for the update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the said device and using the procedure on other Smartphones might brick your device. However, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any damage or data loss if your Smartphone undergoes any due to the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F should be provided a good backup before this update since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S5 drivers since that will help you connect your device to your PC properly. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F into download mode by first turning off the phone & then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F restarts.
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the update of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone. Now you can check the new Marshmallow features on your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, let me know in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.