Hello Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F users! Get set to multiply your mobile fun. Wonder why! As we have a good news for you. Samsung has rolled a new firmware update with the build name G800FXXU1CPK5 for the said handset. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via G800FXXU1CPK5 Firmware. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled out in South Africa and Saudi Arabia. The Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F has ever been a feature-enriched handset with a number of high-end features and the update is expected to bring a number of improvements with existing bug fixes for your S5 mini SM-G800F.
We know you must love your Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F, but we think it will be better once you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you are a proud owner of the said handset and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, before that you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone before starting the update as this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F Smartphone and performing the procedure on other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not take responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F should be provided a full backup before the update as it will erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB debugging option, go to Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate to Settings and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 65% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G800FXXU1CPK5.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F and then extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F into download mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time. Thereafter press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your device handset into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now open Odin on your PC, click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G800FXXU1CPK5 folder. Make sure first you have unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 restarts.
Also read: Few easy steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Models)
That’s it! You have now updated your Galaxy S5 mini SM-G800F to its latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Now experience the enriched Marshmallow features in your Galaxy S5 mini Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.com.