Hello Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 users! Get set to multiply your mobile fun. Wonder why! ‘Coz I have a good news for you. Samsung lately rolled a new firmware with the build name I9506XXUDOK1 for the said handset. Now they can further upgrade their devices to the newest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9506XXUDOK1 Firmware. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled out in Netherlands, Greece and Poland. The Galaxy S4 LTE-A is a feature-enriched handset with a number of high-end features and the update is expected to bring loads of improvements with existing bug fixes for your handset.
We know you must be loving your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506, but we assume it will be better once you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you are a proud owner of the said handset and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then I am here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the newest firmware. But before that you need to fullfill certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Smartphone and implementing the procedure in other devices might quickly brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A should be provided a good backup before the update since it will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download (Netherlands, Greece and Poland) the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9506XXUDOK1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9506XXUDOK1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A restarts.
That’s it! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware. Now experience the enriched Lollipop features in your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.