If you are a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE GT-I9195 handset user and is geared up to enrich your handset with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, then we have pretty good news for you. As per latest info, the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE has started recieving the Android 4.4.2 XXUCNK1 firmware in Portugal. As ususal the firmware is being rolled in Installments via OTA. So if you are a user who has already recieved this notification, then you must download and install the firmware immidately. But if you are among the few who have lost the oppertunity of OTA update, haven’t recieved OTA yet or want not to wait for OTA, then you can follow the manual update method for flashing this firmware to your device.
As this is the official firmware, so post update your Smartphone will be revoked to stock firmware OS and all TWRP, CWM Recovery and rooting will be revoked. So read and understand the tips carefully before starting the update. Besides, keep in mind that the update is your responsibility. So TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 mini LTE GT-I9195 should be provided good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 mini LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUCNK1.zip file for your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE into download mode.
- Then connect the S4 Mini LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXUCNK1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE restarts.
And Congrats! You are now done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE. You can start browsing your Galaxy device to detect the added new features. In case of any issue, get back to me via comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.