Samsung has rolled out the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FYDDU1BQF1 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy On7 users in Sri Lanka. The update is available over the air, but if your handset has not received the firmware update yet, you can use a manual update process in order to avoid waiting for OTA. This update adds bug fixes, stability upgrades and ensures better security. Also adds a number of new Marshmallow features to your handset.
So, If you want to upgrade further your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your Smartphone with the new Android Marshmallow OS. However, before that you need to full-fill certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data during the update. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, you should note that this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy On7 Smartphone and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not take any responsibility for any sort of damage or data loss if your device undergoes any during the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy On7 need to be backed up before update, as it will erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy On7 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the USB drivers and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy On7 should be enabled at first. To enable, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Option.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 65% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FYDDU1BQF1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy On7 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.12.zip, here
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy On7 into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ Button at a time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen to put your device handset into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using the USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message once the connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy On7 reboots.
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy On7 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FYDDU1BQF1 Firmware. Now experience the new features in your Samsung Galaxy On7 Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall try come out with a solution for you.