In my previous article, I informed you the steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OnTheEdgeLite UX v1.1 ROM and now I shall guide you through the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy On7 to the powerful 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FYDDU1BPF7 official Firmware.
This new official firmware from the Samsung box has been released in India for the Samsung Galaxy On7 users. So users residing there should get ready to manipulate superiority to their device. In this article, I shall lead you through the steps using which you can flash the new Marshmallow OS on your Smartphone in a few minutes. The new firmware is dubbed as G600FYDDU1BPF7 and carries the product code INS.
Being this an OTA update, users are primarily recommended to update their Samsung Galaxy On7 via OTA method. But if you can’t wait for OTA, then you can update your device manually following this post. But before that make sure to meet the below mentioned pre-requirements because these are of utmost priority for the manual update. Proceeding to the update without filling the pre-requirements might create bugs in your device or might brick it permanently.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy On7 and implementing the procedure in other Smartphone might brick it permanently. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy On7 should be provided a good back-up before the update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy On7 drivers as the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone easily to your PC. If not already installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy On7 battery fully charged. If it is not fully, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 G600FYDDU1BPF7.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy On7 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy On7 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy On7 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FYDDU1BPF7 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy On7 restarts.
That’s all. Now you can enjoy the new Marshmallow firmware features in your feature-enriched Samsung Galaxy On7. Forget not to share your Marshmallow experience with us. In case you face any issues in the update process, you can inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!