Hello Samsung Galaxy Note5 SM-N920G users! Get set to multiply your mobile fun. Wonder why? ‘Coz I have a great news for you. Samsung just of late rolled out a new firmware update with the build N920GUBU3CQF1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note5 users in Bolivia and Colombia. So users living in the said regions can further upgrade their device to the latest Android Nougat OS. Isn’t it a great news?
The Samsung Galaxy Note5 SM-N920G is a feature-enriched handset with some brand new features and this update will bring a number of improvements in the existing bugs and loofalls of your handset. You might have good experience with the Samsung Galaxy Note5, but this new firmware is about to add a number of features to your device. Being this the Nougat OS, your Smartphone will be empowered with a number of Nougat goodies.
So if you are a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Note5 SM-N920G and want to further upgrade it to the new OS, then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Just follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your handset with the latest firmware. But before that you need to fulfill certain requirements, so that your update will neither be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Note5 SM-N920G and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your Smartphone completely. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note5 should be provided a good back-up before update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy USB drivers since the drivers will connect your Note to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before update. To enable same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Bolivia and Colombia) the Android 7 Nougat N920GUBU3CQF1 file for your Samsung Galaxy Note5 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note5 into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android Nougat folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note5 restarts.
That’s it! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Note5 to the Nougat N920GUBU3CQF1 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the Nougat features in your Galaxy Note5. In case of any issues, get back to me via comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.